Friday 13 February 2009

Episode 0 - Making Stuff Up!

An adventure in N+1 episodes.

And so it begins...

A blog.

I intend to explore a variety of geeky subjects - in a not-too-serious manner.

Firstly, let's make some stuff up. I enjoy making stuff up. If someone asks me a question, especially a mundane question, I tend to think for a moment "should I answer truthfully, or would it be more fun to make something up?" That's not to say that I'm *dishonest* exactly; on the contrary - I have a very honest nature and I'm not at all good at lying. But it's all tempered with a bit of playfulness.

Of course, there's also that "Ha-Ha-Only-Serious" (HHOS) trait, common to many geeks and hackers. The borderlands between serious and silly are not well defined; and sometimes it's easier to joke about something I feel strongly about. I suspect that I'll be covering a good number of subjects from pure fantasy to serious opinion - sometimes you might even be able to tell which is which. If you stick around, maybe you'll see what I mean...

By all means subscribe to the RSS-feed, and maybe leave a comment. That'd be lovely.

3 comments:

  1. Consider me here for the ride, sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. Thanks Anna. It's so good to see your blog doing so well, with oodles of followers. And you seem to have such fun writing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you've set up a blog too. Looking forward to much geek-related randomness!

    ReplyDelete